WHAT IS AND WHAT IT IS USED CONCERTA ?
CONCERTA is used to treat children and adolescents with the disorder, attention deficit hyperactivity disorder / ADHD / who are over the age of 6 years . Used in conjunction with other forms of treatment , as part of an overall treatment program for the treatment of ADHD . CONCERTA contains a stimulant which enhances attention and reduces the impulsive behavior . The tablets are made in a form of ” extended release ” This means that they release the drug slowly veshtastvo .
Treatment with CONCERTA should be initiated under the supervision of a specialist in children’s behavioral disorders .
BEFORE YOU ACCEPT YOUR CHILD CONCERTA
Do not take CONCERTA, if your child:
– Is allergic to methylphenidate or any of the other ingredients in CONCERTA
– Has a strong anxiety and tension , as the use of the drug may aggravate these conditions
– Have glaucoma
– There is a family history of tics or
– There is overactivity of the thyroid gland
– There is pain or discomfort in the chest
– Have heart rhythm problems
– A serious high blood pressure
– Currently has symptoms of severe depression, such as feelings of sadness , worthlessness , anorexia nervosa , symptoms of psychosis such as abnormal thoughts or visions , if abused alcohol or other substances or if pregnant.
HOW TO TAKE SHOWS ?
The starting dose for children and adolescents who do not currently take methylphenidate or have not undergone other stimulant it is one tablet of 18 mg in the morning .
The maximum dose is 54 mg Concert . daily.
HOW AND WHEN TO TAKE ?
It is once daily in the morning with a glass of water. The tablet should not be swallowed and should not be chewed , broken or natrushava . It is with or without food.
When the tablet is taken in the morning , it acts throughout the day.
POSSIBLE SIDE EFFECTS
The most common adverse reaction was headache .
Common – inflammation of the nose and throat , insomnia , dizziness , cough , stomach pain , feeling of nausea or vomiting , diarrhea , irritability , weight loss
Uncommon – loss or decreased appetite , depression, sleep problems , anger, anxiety, nervousness , high blood pressure , shortness of breath , constipation , achy muscles , swollen joints , fatigue , ringing in your heart and others.
Rare agitated mood , dilated pupils , difficulty in vision, redness of the skin, excessive sweating , skin rash with redness.