WHAT IS AND WHAT IT IS USED – Concerta 18mg
Concerta 18mg is used to treat children and adolescents with the disorder, attention deficit hyperactivity disorder / ADHD / who are over the age of 6 years . Used in conjunction with other forms of treatment , as part of an overall treatment program for the treatment of ADHD . CONCERTA contains a stimulant which enhances attention and reduces the impulsive behavior . The tablets are made in a form of ” extended release ” This means that they release the drug slowly veshtastvo .
Treatment with CONCERTA should be initiated under the supervision of a specialist in children’s behavioral disorders .
BEFORE YOU ACCEPT YOUR CHILD – Concerta 18mg
Do not take CONCERTA, if your child:
– Is allergic to methylphenidate or any of the other ingredients in CONCERTA
– Has a strong anxiety and tension , as the use of the drug may aggravate these conditions
– Have glaucoma
– There is a family history of tics or
– There is overactivity of the thyroid gland
– There is pain or discomfort in the chest
– Have heart rhythm problems
– A serious high blood pressure
– Currently has symptoms of severe depression, such as feelings of sadness , worthlessness , anorexia nervosa , symptoms of psychosis such as abnormal thoughts or visions , if abused alcohol or other substances or if pregnant.
HOW TO TAKE – Concerta 18mg
The starting dose for children and adolescents who do not currently take methylphenidate or have not undergone other stimulant it is one tablet of 18 mg in the morning .
The maximum dose is 54 mg Concert . daily.
HOW AND WHEN TO TAKE -Concerta 18mg?
It is once daily in the morning with a glass of water. The tablet should not be swallowed and should not be chewed , broken or natrushava . It is with or without food.
When the tablet is taken in the morning , it acts throughout the day.
POSSIBLE SIDE EFFECTS – Concerta 18mg
The most common adverse reaction was headache .
Common – inflammation of the nose and throat , insomnia , dizziness , cough , stomach pain , feeling of nausea or vomiting , diarrhea , irritability , weight loss
Uncommon – loss or decreased appetite , depression, sleep problems , anger, anxiety, nervousness , high blood pressure , shortness of breath , constipation , achy muscles , swollen joints , fatigue , ringing in your heart and others.
Rare agitated mood , dilated pupils , difficulty in vision, redness of the skin, excessive sweating , skin rash with redness.